THE BULL AND THE BUTCHER

more coming soon...

Rumble in the Concrete Jungle!
FOURTH DRAFT
Instead of Spanish, I re-envisioned the idea for Thailand. I have a sister-in-law who is half Thai so I'm sure she would appreciate the story coming through her neck of the woods. Also, Thai is a culture hardly explored in the visual arts. I find out that they have a version of bullfighting, but not with humans involved. The bulls fight another. Kind of like Pokemon and Michael Vick. Then I find out that Red Bull, the energy drink that gives "you wings," originated in Thailand. THEN I find out the habitat of the largest bovine in the world lives in Southeast Asia, including Thailand: the Gaur. If the matador wants to challenge the roughest, meanest, toughest bull, it would be the gaur. Oh, the serendipity of research.

THIRD DRAFT
I trimmed the fat and reduced the comic to two pages. Now I call it, "The Bison and the Butcher."


SECOND DRAFT
The concept was returned to the bull. This time expanded into 8 comic pages and focusing more on the bull fighter than the little girl. This time I called it "Campion!"



1.5 DRAFT (the TANGENT DRAFT)
A different story but with the same sentiment towards family. This story was set in the American West using folk characters as musketeers against a platoon of robots gone rogue from government orders. The robots are called "iron coats" after the gray and blue coats of the American Civil War. The character design of the man evolves for "The Bull and the Butcher." Perhaps I will do a robot story another day.



FIRST DRAFT
The concept was formed as a comic first.
I called it "Matatoro." Which translates from Spanish to "kill" "bull."